Thursday, February 28, 2008

Designed for the Future

I went out and bought one of those nice new BFG 8800 GT OCs. It runs wonderfully and I can play in higher settings and get much improved frame rates in most every game I play. Except the game I really wanted it for: EverQuest II.

Eventually I want to get a more modern gaming rig, with SLI, and a quad core CPU. But EQ II doesn't support that either.

I guess that's the problem with designing your system "for the future." It never quite gets here.

2 comments:

Elementalistly said...

Oh SNAP...you too?
Would you also happen to be on the EQ2 forums discussing it?
I am ..I have an 8800GT, and it runs so nice...as long as I dont go into town, a raid or dungeon...
Then it just slows to a crawl or crashes even..
Lets hope they figure this out, as I have an ATI 3870 saved in my wish list on Newegg.com...and will buy it if I have to (2 video cards to play the games I want...how silly)
Later

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.